Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Growing Up In Peru

I was born in Peru more years ago than I like to remember, Yet those memories are what the past is all about. As I wrote about the geneolgy of my family, I had no memories as it was a long time before I was born. You too may have ancestors as colorful and interesting as I found mine to be. I am now going to tell you about the things I do remember growing up and raising my family. I can tell you about Peru in the 1920's and until the present time. Our politicions talk about change. It comes daily in the lives of all of us. Some times that change is for the good and sometimes it turns out to be bad. We all have choices to make about how we change . Will it be a change just for me or for those whom I love and the community around me.

I remember as a very small girl the circus getting ready to leave for their summer tour. It was so exciting to watch the parade with its girls in beautiful costumes riding those hugh elephants as they lumbered down the street and then the horses strutting their stuff as they trotted by as we stood on the curb watching in awe. It was a great day in the life of Peru as at that time we had no radios or TVs. Our lives were much simpler and uncomplicated. I f someone would have told me t hat I would be typing on a computer and the message would be picked up by anyone who has my Blog add ress I would have thought they were a little crazy.

At an early age we were taught to respect our elders and we better not talk back to our parents or we would be in deep trouble. As we started to school we did as the teacher said and again we were taught to respect that teacher. Does that sound like change for the better? This story will continue as I have a lot of years to cover

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home